Friday, January 29, 2010

Wild Card #20 - Pinwheel -UR sweet

Hi wild card series followers, today's card is titled Pinwheel, this card is found on page 51 of the Cricut cartridge wild card booklet.
I was so excited to use the "pinwheel" feature of this card, fun and creative.
Circled in red are the images I chose from the wild card booklet page 51.
Below are the images I cut for this card. Note: the photo shows only one scallop frame, I cut two using the same paper. Each image was cut at 6", the white rectangle shape was cut using my paper trimmer at 4 3/4" x 5 1/2" I placed this on the inside of the card for writing the message on.
Also not shown in the photo below are the capital letters "U" and "R", they are cut from the same wild card cartridge on black cardstock found on pg. 45 for the "R" and pg. 48 for the "U". For these letters I used the "real dial" feature on the key pad then cut them at 1 1/2"
Inside of card, I used the center of the scallop frame to cover the back of the circle, this hid the backside of the brad.
I had the brad holding the large circle in place on the card, then rotated the circle 1/4 turn, stamped a flower then stamped 4 one word message in each 1/4" rotation.
The pinwheel is a fun card... come on... give it a try.

post signature

8 comments:

  1. Very cute. I love that paper. What brand is it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa,
    Thank you for you nice comment. The paper is from Stampin' Up! It is probably discontinued now, but I really enjoy the Designer Paper packs from them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving your Wild Cart series, especially the way you show all the different cuts you used. It is so helpful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's so cute i didn't even know you can do that on this cart...great job..i will diffintely try it out! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea for a card, don't have a cricut, but may still be possible, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, I may try it at home today...to take my mind off the snow. I am confused a bit about where you used the 2nd scalloped circle.
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogger Alison said...

    I love this card, I may try it at home today...to take my mind off the snow. I am confused a bit about where you used the 2nd scalloped circle.
    TFS
    ------
    Hi Alison, the two scallop circles are directly on top of each other, for the top circle I used pop-dots to lift it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I cut out a card or envelope with my cricut, and I score it on the lines it makes, the paper looks like it is torn. What am I doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog, thank you so much your your kind comments, they make my day!