Friday, February 26, 2010

Wild Card #23 -Thinking of You

This card is a "thinking bubble" shape, a very fun idea for a "thinking of you" card.
This wild card can be found on page 54 of the wildcard booklet.


Circled in red are the images and quantities cut for this card.
Each image was cut at 6" (I do not use the real dial size feature)

The front bubble image was cut on double sided paper, so I was able to fold it over and glue the flap down, it created a great frame look. I then glued this directly to the top of my white card.I discovered a really cool effect for my "thinking of you" word. I wanted the word to pop off the card, but I knew using pop-dots would look too bulky for me, so I tried using liquid applique, this is like puff paint after being heated with a heat tool it puffs up.

I added white liquid applique to the back side of my word, let it dry for a few hours, then heated using a heat tool, then I gently dabbed my wide two-way glue over the puffed applique then placed it onto the front of my card. This gave me clean raised words, just the look I wanted.


A better view of the raised words

I added the cut out oval to the front of the envelope.post signature

6 comments:

  1. very cute...i was thinking of trying this one out soon..tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin-I love this card and thanks so much for the awesome tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card! I will have to try the liquid applique trick!

    Kimberly
    http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin. Thanks for sharing this card. I am going to make it for a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card! Perfect sentiment for the thought bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the liquid applique idea for a clean raised letter technique! Very clever!
    Thanks for sharing your ideas!
    Blessings, Donna

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog, thank you so much your your kind comments, they make my day!