Monday, September 17, 2012

Monkey for Baby Card -My Craft Spot Project

I'm Wild about you Monkey!

It's Monday and time for another great challenge and it's a wild one over at My Craft Spot!
This weeks challenge is 
Wild About You
Include a wild animal on your project

My husbands niece had a baby boy a few weeks back so I made a tie blanket for him, and a fun matching card to go with. The monkey was a perfect wild animal for the "Wild About You" challenge.
This card is a 6" x 6" size, I used the Create a Critter cricut cartridge for the monkey and the leaves. The monkey and vine was cut at 4 1/2" pg. 46 of the handbook, the leaf on pg. 51 cut at sizes 1", 1 1/4" and 1 1/2" using real dial size.
Side view, I popped up the monkey, so cute!
Close up of the monkey and leaves. I wrinkled up the leaves and then inked them up using Tim Holtz Forest Moss ink pad. The monkey was inked using Vintage Photo ink pad.
I love this little saying "Bundle of Joy"! This is stamped using the Bundle of Joy stamp set from My Craft Spot, it can be purchased -HERE
I used my sewing machine and a zig-zag stitch over the tab.
I used one of my die-namics metal dies from My Favorite Things to cut out the tabs to stamp on.
Inside of the card, stamps are from the same stamp set Bundle of Joy from My Craft Spot.
Thank you for stopping by today, and remember to head over to My Craft Spot to see the other "Wild" projects created by Kimberly's fabulous design team, and join us for this weeks challenge... Wild About You!  My Craft Spot -HERE.

3 comments:

  1. this is so cute, I love the extra leaves you added, looks more like a jungle now.
    Carol N<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable blanket and card...love the leaves! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blanket and the card is soooo cute! Your crinkly leaves are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to visit my blog, thank you so much your your kind comments, they make my day!